Cool off with soothing cilantro chutney.
Using chutney is a great way to enhance your digestive fire (agni) enabling your body to digest your food efficiently and effortlessly. This chutney is perfect for the Pitta individual with too much heat in the body or for anyone during summertime to help enhance digestion without overheating.
- Superfood for detoxing the body of heavy metals.
- The cooling quality is Pitta pacifying
- The sour quality is Vata pacifying
- Enhances the digestive juices
- The sweetness of coconut is Vata and Pitta pacifying
- The coolness is Pitta pacifying
- 1 cup fresh cilantro packed (leaves and stems)
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cashews
- !/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp himalyan or sea salt
- place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until mostly smooth but a little chunky.
- Eat 1 tbsp alongside veggies, protein, and rice or top your favorite flatbread. Enjoy!